Unable to st up printer sharing for a HP Photosmart 7260 P..

David

Hi,
I have a HP Photosmart 7200 USB printer connected to my computer running
under XP Pro.

When I attempt to set the printer up for printer sharing I get the following
error message;

"Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed"

Could anyone help me with a possible solution to this problem please. I've
visited the HP site,
but there is nothing on their site to help, I also have the current printer
drivers installed.

TIA to anyone who can help.

regards
DaViD

***********************
The Truth is realized in an instant; the Act is practiced step by step. -
Zen saying
***********************

Are you logged on as an Administrator when you try this?
www.coribright.com

"DaViD" <dbedford@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a HP Photosmart 7200 USB printer connected to my computer running
> under XP Pro.
>
> When I attempt to set the printer up for printer sharing I get the
> following error message;
>
> "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed"
>
> Could anyone help me with a possible solution to this problem please. I've
> visited the HP site,
> but there is nothing on their site to help, I also have the current
> printer drivers installed.
>
> TIA to anyone who can help.
>
> regards
> DaViD
>
> ***********************
> The Truth is realized in an instant; the Act is practiced step by step. -
> Zen saying
> ***********************

David

Cari,
Yes I should have said I'm logged on as Admin sorry.

I've had no problems setting up printer sharing on my second printer
an Epson connected via the printer (centronics) printer port on my PC.

DaViD

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Are you logged on as an Administrator when you try this?
>
> "DaViD" <dbedford@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have a HP Photosmart 7200 USB printer connected to my computer
>> running under XP Pro.
>>
>> When I attempt to set the printer up for printer sharing I get the
>> following error message;
>>
>> "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be
>> completed" Could anyone help me with a possible solution to this problem
>> please. I've visited the HP site,
>> but there is nothing on their site to help, I also have the current
>> printer drivers installed.
>>
>> TIA to anyone who can help.
>>
>> regards
>> DaViD

>> The Truth is realized in an instant; the Act is practiced step by
>> step. - Zen saying

David

Problem solved, checking my other printer I did not have Adminstrators
set up under the security settings for the printer. Corrected this and
sharing is
not allowed.