Unable to start PC or reinstall windows 8.1

f9l3yn

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
Built a pc a little while ago, it worked for a few days but now I've been getting a "Preparing for automatic repair" so I tried inserting my windows 8.1 cd but it won't work, all I get is this error
Your PC needs to restart
Please hold down the power button
Error Code 0x0000007F
0x0000000000000008
0xFFFFF803B3F18E70
0xFFFFF803B3F02FD0
0xFFFFF803B02E49B6

The PC specs are
i5-4590 3.3GHz 6MB
ASRock H97M Pro4
Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
Corsair 500watt
Seagate 1TB HDD
Patriot 8GB ram

Please help

Solution
-Be aware depending on your setup, it can take a good while for the setup to first occur when you boot off the CD. For me it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Just let it sit there for a good half hour and see what happens.

-You mention on your specs that you currently have your GPU OC'd, if you hadn't already done so use defaults than try your win8 install again.

-If that doesn't work your second solution is to test your ram to see if everything is okay, do this with a bootable memtest86 usb or cd and see what results you get.

-If everything checks out fine, you can try and install in a Linux flavor (like ubuntu) onto your system and see if it works. If ubuntu installation fails than at least you'll have a greater idea that it might be a...

f9l3yn

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

Unfortunately none of those have worked, booting from my windows cd just gives me the windows logo and nothing happens now, I don't have a recovery drive and pressing f11 to boot into advanced boot just takes me to the UEFI

aolish

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
-Be aware depending on your setup, it can take a good while for the setup to first occur when you boot off the CD. For me it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Just let it sit there for a good half hour and see what happens.

-You mention on your specs that you currently have your GPU OC'd, if you hadn't already done so use defaults than try your win8 install again.

-If that doesn't work your second solution is to test your ram to see if everything is okay, do this with a bootable memtest86 usb or cd and see what results you get.

-If everything checks out fine, you can try and install in a Linux flavor (like ubuntu) onto your system and see if it works. If ubuntu installation fails than at least you'll have a greater idea that it might be a hardware issue.

-Here is a direct link to the error code you posted that might be useful:

Error Code 0x0000007F
http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/137539

Keep us posted. =]

Solution