Unable to track the issue

viditkothari

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Further to this: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3565463/system-strangely-slow-fumes.html

My system config:
• Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
• CPU
Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz 33 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
• RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (16-16-16-39)
• Motherboard
MSI H170 GAMING M3 (MS-7978) (U3E1) 39 °C
• Graphics
BenQ VZ2350 (1920x1080@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
• Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 (SATA ) 38 °C

The issue:
System staggers a lot. Switching tabs ina browser takes a while and mouse staggers on moving the cursor. During Android development Android Studio staggers. AVD launching Emulators show graphics error, Photoshop staggers, Playing basic games like Counter Strike is not possible as it staggers a lot.

It has been months now and I'm unable to find the source of the system staggering / slowing.
I've reformatted my drive, checked HDD for errors (and there isn't any), CPU's stats show that its in proper health, the Motherboard 'seems' to be fine. RAM seems to be fine as well (checked it with some benchmarking tool that I downloaded)

Personally, I feel one of the component must have gotten damaged just so much that the computer is able to switch on and work but is damaged enough to disable smooth loading and operations.

I need advice on what should be done and want to know whether you have experienced such a case and how did you resolve it

Solution
so you say your CPU is at 33C and I'm assuming this is idle.

Use a tool like HW Monitor or the like to watch the CPU temps when running programs like a web browser and such and see what it goes to. If it is spiking to really high temps then you have a CPU cooling issue and this is what's causing the performance stutters, since the CPU will automatically underclock itself to keep itself from exploding.

If temps aren't the issue then we will start looking elsewhere in the system for a bottleneck, perhaps malware, a fragmented HDD, unnecessary resource usage from other processes (check task manager to see what is using more resources than it should, or if something is using resources when that process shouldn't even exist in the first...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
so you say your CPU is at 33C and I'm assuming this is idle.

Use a tool like HW Monitor or the like to watch the CPU temps when running programs like a web browser and such and see what it goes to. If it is spiking to really high temps then you have a CPU cooling issue and this is what's causing the performance stutters, since the CPU will automatically underclock itself to keep itself from exploding.

If temps aren't the issue then we will start looking elsewhere in the system for a bottleneck, perhaps malware, a fragmented HDD, unnecessary resource usage from other processes (check task manager to see what is using more resources than it should, or if something is using resources when that process shouldn't even exist in the first place)

There plenty of things that could be causing this issue, so check the temps first and report back your findings.

Solution