[SOLVED] Unable to turn on "Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits" with Throttlestop

cjtheft102

Prominent
Jul 8, 2019
I downloaded Throttlestop a few days ago and there wasn't any problem until i turn on the Disable and Lock Turbo Power limits. When window starts, an error pops up and says "Error starting service: Access denied".

I looked for this error online and some said it was due to window defender on win 10 that it somehow doesn't like the RwDrv.sys file. After that i add the whole folder to exclusion and also turn off real time protection but it still not working. A new error pops up which says "Error starting service: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"...

Also i have Riotgame Valorant Anticheat enable, many said that it can block many softwares but my Throttlestop still running fine. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

You may find an error code or warning that will provide more information: e.g., the specific service(s) and/or resources involved with the failure.

Reliability History is much more user friendly. Start there. Then work through Event Viewer as the next option.

Remember that you can right click any given entry and get more details.

cjtheft102

Prominent
Jul 8, 2019
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

You may find an error code or warning that will provide more information: e.g., the specific service(s) and/or resources involved with the failure.

Reliability History is much more user friendly. Start there. Then work through Event Viewer as the next option.

Remember that you can right click any given entry and get more details.
Thanks for your answer

I followed what you said and found the error code 7000 Service Control Manager. I have searched online for solutions but none of them were about Throttlestop so i tried all but the problem is still there 😥