Unable to update BIOS on ASRock P67 Extreme 4

genjaguar

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I am trying to update my BIOS from windows using the downloads on the ASRock website. I downloaded 2.0 and when I start it it gives me the error of :
Error : Firmware does not have flash (AFUWINGUI) support.

I am trying to update my BIOS as I can not get into it with my USB keyboard and most forum users seem to have fixed the issue with newer BIOS. Seems like the computer doesn't read my USB keyboard until I get into Windows and it loads the drivers.

Solution
Sorry. I thought you could get into BIOS and then had problems with the update.

Try clearing your cmos: Disconnect the power cord, remove the battery from the motherboard and press the power on button several times. Reinsert the battery, power on, and see if the BIOS will recognize the keyboard.

If that doesn't work you'll have to borrow or buy a cheap ($5 - $10) wired keyboard to enable USB Legacy mode.
Sorry. I thought you could get into BIOS and then had problems with the update.

Try clearing your cmos: Disconnect the power cord, remove the battery from the motherboard and press the power on button several times. Reinsert the battery, power on, and see if the BIOS will recognize the keyboard.

If that doesn't work you'll have to borrow or buy a cheap ($5 - $10) wired keyboard to enable USB Legacy mode.

Solution

Latest posts