Question unable to Update Bios

andylane1965

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Hi I have a Medion Erazer X7825 and in the system information i have allot of "To be filled by OEM" notices. I would like to update the bios as its never been done in the 5 years ive had it. I have this info.....
Bios Versiondate : American Megatrends inc. E1763iM7.508, 07.06.2013 .....Which i did find in System Information if that helps. All i want is to update the bios and help on how to achieve this. On the gaming laptop its self i believe it was tampered with prior me to buying it new on an EBAY Shop. Its fast and works ok but i want to update it through out yet i find im limited to doing that due to not knowing the what hardware have in the laptop. I would attach a copy of the System Info print screen but i dont know how.
cheers Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2020
May I ask why you would like to update the BIOS? I have heard from a number of tech guys with more wisdom than myself state you SHOULD NOT do so unless you have a good reason. And the reason I was told was because it has the possibility of becoming unstable or even "bricking" the MB if anything goes wrong with the process.

andylane1965

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I have allot of information missing when i check the system info and i believe if i do an update these will be then visible to me for future fixings. Also i do have unstable features on my hardware like a ghosting mouse using the pad.
So various reasons. I believe i am technically capable of doing the process correctly but thank you for your concern