Question Unable to update CPU drivers

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Hi guys, I've been trying to update my CPU drivers for my 2200g but I keep getting an "Error 182". I've tried using multiple different drivers on both of my drives but nothing seems to work, I can't even open my Radeon Software app and it just tells me that there are something wrong with my graphics or something I'm not quite sure what's going on or how to fix it. I've been thinking of downloading DDU to remove the drivers and download them again but I'm afraid it might not let me download the drivers. The CPU I have is the 2200g. Thanks in advance!

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Did you build this system or did you purchase it as a pre-built?
If you built this system, please list the full system specs:

Case:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
RAM:
Storage:
Discrete Graphics (if any):

-Wolf sends
I built it myself
Case: Phanteks P350x
PSU: Corsair CX550
Motherboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Crucial P2 500GB and a 1 TB HDD
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC ULTRA GAMING

I hope you downloaded correct diver from AMD support.
You can only install driver on drive where Windows is (it's impossible to install it on "secondary" drive).
To install driver, you run exe file that you downloaded from AMD and first you'll be asked where you wish to install. Usually it will point you to "C:\AMD..." or similar, which you confirm.
Now, files will be automatically unpacked into chosen destination (C:\AMD in this case). Keep in mind, drivers aren't installed yet.
Next step is, you must confirm actual driver installation. If you click Cancel here, drivers won't be installed, even files in C:\AMD folder will still be there.
After drivers are successfully installed, you can delete complete C:\AMD folder.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I hope you downloaded correct diver from AMD support.
You can only install driver on drive where Windows is (it's impossible to install it on "secondary" drive).
To install driver, you run exe file that you downloaded from AMD and first you'll be asked where you wish to install. Usually it will point you to "C:\AMD..." or similar, which you confirm.
Now, files will be automatically unpacked into chosen destination (C:\AMD in this case). Keep in mind, drivers aren't installed yet.
Next step is, you must confirm actual driver installation. If you click Cancel here, drivers won't be installed, even files in C:\AMD folder will still be there.
After drivers are successfully installed, you can delete complete C:\AMD folder.
I do all that but I still get this message

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
MSI B350M Gaming Pro - Driver Download Page

While they should not have anything to do with the other, I would make sure that the Chipset Drivers are up to date. Then I would install the AMD On-board drivers; both of these from the linked driver download page. Then I would attempt, once again, to install the @BogdanH linked above.

-Wolf sends
I updated the chipset drivers but still got the error 182 message.