[SOLVED] Unable to update the BIOS on Asus B550 TUF Plus ?

Sep 8, 2020
I'm trying to update my BIOS using EzUpdate, but it keep showing "the model of the bios image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present"
The BIOS I'm currently on is version 1212 (November 5, 2020) and is going I'm trying to update to 1216 (November 25, 2020)

I know that I can flash the BIOS using either EzFlash from UEFI menu or just use flashdrive,
but the reason I want to use EzUpdate is because I want to change the boot logo as well (having that built-in gaming logo is kinda cringe as I'm using it as a workstation).

Sep 8, 2020
Do you have version 1202 installed now? If so, I recommend staying with it. I am not a fan of installing beta drivers unless absolutely necessary to fix a specific problem. Is that your situation?
Yes. And 1202 also a beta driver. But I had to install it since I'm using Ryzen 5000 series. Even if I put 1202 to EzUpdate, it still saying same thing. Or is it because it's beta driver that's why it keep refusing to update unless using bios flashback?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes. And 1202 also a beta driver. But I had to install it since I'm using Ryzen 5000 series. Even if I put 1202 to EzUpdate, it still saying same thing. Or is it because it's beta driver that's why it keep refusing to update unless using bios flashback?
1202 is not beta at this link:

I assume you performed the whole renaming thing as well. Correct?

DMAN999 is correct, don't update the BIOS via Windows. Do this from the BIOS itself.