[SOLVED] Unable to use 2 Coarser RAMs in ASUS Rogstrix Z390-f gaming motherboard

Aug 25, 2019
Hi All,

I have just bought a new PC (around 4 months back) and configured by self. Initially system was accepting 2 X 16 GB Ram but when I disassembled PC and agin reassembled, system is not accepting one RAM.

PC Configuration:
I9-9900k
ASUS Rogstrix Z390-f gaming motherboard
750W Cooler Master PSU
Corsair Vengeance LPX (16 GB X2)
GTX 1070 GPU

1. I have tried using both the slots (there are 4 slots and need to use any 2 alternate slots), but still system is accepting only one RAM (tried both RAMs).
  2. RAM has no issue as I have tried using both RAMs and are working correctly.
  3. Motherboard is as well working fine except for RAM part.
  4. When I am trying to fit both RAMs, 2 orange lights are flashing and screen is blank (no source found)

Screenshot is attached for your reference. Request your help on this.
https://www.mediafire.com/view/us5vvyctflevxkq/IMG_1125.JPG/file
Regards,

Rohit Trikha

Solution
Correct dimm slots are used from what i can tell, slots 2 and 4. Only explanation i can come up with is there may be a bent pin in the cpu socket, that's if resembled means reinstalling the cpu. Or the heatsink is on too tight. Either of these two scenarios can affect ram slots.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Correct dimm slots are used from what i can tell, slots 2 and 4. Only explanation i can come up with is there may be a bent pin in the cpu socket, that's if resembled means reinstalling the cpu. Or the heatsink is on too tight. Either of these two scenarios can affect ram slots.

Solution
Aug 25, 2019
Hi Boju. Thank you for your reply. Yes, you are correct on dimmslot and yes there was pin bent inCPU socket. Is there any thing I can do about it? I mean pin bent. heat sink is not too tight.

You need to be careful when inserting a cpu into the socket.
They are delicate and if you smoosh the processor around you can bend a pin with unpredictable results.
The sockets are designed for up to 15 insertions.
You need to straighten the pin or replace the motherboard.
It would cost you about $50 to have asus repair it.
Bent pins are considered user error and a free rma will be rejected.

A needle might do the job, or you could take it to a jeweler.
Couldn't hurt to try.