Question Unable to use discrete GPU (AMD Radeon 6900 XT) ?

May 23, 2022
I recently got a custom built PC and spent a pretty penny getting it all fitted with the bells and whistles, but now I go to try and boot up a game on steam and my GPU is not being utlized.

The GPU is an AMD Radeo 6900 XT, it has the correct drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them hoping it was a simple driver issue, but the GPU is still not being utilized when I go and check in Task Manager.

I've gone thru the guides on the AMD site and they don't have any reference to the issue I seem to be facing.

The AMD guides for switching the GPU on refer to an option called "AMD Settings" which I don't have when I right click on the desktop.

Pic: https://www.linkpicture.com/q/cap_1.png

What I do have is the "AMD Adrenalin Edition" option but even within that, I am unable to switch this GPU on and have it cranking.

Is there any way to get this GPU going or did I get skunked?

Really need some help with this since I'm really new to the hardware game.

Specs:
OS = Windows 10
CPU = 12th Gen Intel i9
GPU 1 = Intel UHD 770
GPU 2 = AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

Would love to hear any fixes anyone has.

May 23, 2022
Is your monitor plugged into the GPU's output or the motherboard's?

To save some time in subsequent questions, please provide your complete specs including exact PSU.

The PSU is RM 1000x, and the Monitor is plugged into the Motherboard's output, would changing that be enough to make the GPU boot?