Question Unable to use ps/2 port on my new mobo

orion_o

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Ok so this is kind of a continuation of another thread i've opened regarding a similar issue with usb ports, but now focussing on ps/2 ports.
So the problem is that i cant get peripherals to work on my ps/2 port (mobo is B450 aorus eilte) even tho i restart the pc while having the usb mouse/keyboard plugged in via a ps/2-to-usb adapter.
The reason i want to use this port is for having access to a win7 installation i have as it doesnt read anything from usb ports for now (untill i install drivers), not even from usb 2.0 ports.
So i got a few adapters off ebay but i cant get them to work properly. What am i missing here? Is there something i need to enable somewhere for that port to function?

orion_o

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Well there's 'unreliable' and there's 'not working at all'.
I have checked the bios in the past and i couldnt see anything else i havent enabled by now that is regarding peripherals. Will check again later.
Also amazon is sadly very expensive when it comes to shipping prices to my country.. ebay also couldnt find anything reasonable, almost everything is usb interface.

orion_o

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Ok so this is what i see on the bios.. Nothing much regarding ps/2 connectivity.

IMG_20190213_142245.jpg

IMG_20190213_142304.jpg