Unable to view my hard drive in My computer

My pc recently crashed and so to cut a long story short, I purchased a new
hard drive. I have had no problems installing and viewing the new hard
drive. However, I need to recover the data from the old hard drive and it
is not visible in the My Computer area. If I go to Device Manager, it is
there and supposedly working okay.
When it crashed on me before, it came up with the message "error loading
the operating software (or system, I can't remember)." So I thought I could
make it a slave and copy over the data on from it to my new one?

Can anyone please help?

br549

"John Lester" <John Lester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My pc recently crashed and so to cut a long story short, I purchased a new
hard drive. I have had no problems installing and viewing the new hard
drive. However, I need to recover the data from the old hard drive and it
is not visible in the My Computer area. If I go to Device Manager, it is
there and supposedly working okay.
When it crashed on me before, it came up with the message "error loading
the operating software (or system, I can't remember)." So I thought I could
make it a slave and copy over the data on from it to my new one?

Can anyone please help?

Can you see the drive in "Disk Management"? You may need to assign it a
drive letter.