Question Unable to view outllook/hotmail emails

Anderson10304

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
Hi All,

Not sure if i'm posting in the right thread, however i'm using windows XP and since yesterday it has occurred to me I am having difficulties viewing my web based emails via outlook/hotmail. Gmail appears to be fine.

I not able to view them at all but on my smartphone I am, I wondering whether its do do with the operating system not supporting outlook/hotmail i'm guessing, I can see the title of the email but not the actual message.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
Anderson.... While investigating e-mail problems of my own I've read a lot of articles recently similar to your Q. People using almost every version of Windows and even Linux, along with e-mail clients like Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, and others are having e-mail issues mostly associated with attached text or images.

I suspect this has little to do with users software so much as it does with how the sender is formatting the message, and then how the mail server is translating that message as it is D/L (forwarded) to your Outlook e-mail client.

I'm still researching this myself, but I'm thinking this is a result of how different mail senders use (or misuse) the DKIM signature options.

However, all the reports I have read have one thing in common..... users (including myself) can still view their mail normally using a web browser instead of an installed E-mail client.

Try accessing your Hotmail account using a browser instead of Outlook and let us know what happens.

Wolf