[SOLVED] Unable to wipe PC, need alternative to traditional windows methods

SaltedWizardCoffee

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Is there another way to wipe my PC?

Factory reset/fresh start don't work. Ran into issues with both. Tried 3 fixes and none worked. I just want a fresh start. Hoping it will boost performance. I downloaded ccleaner (which I'm not sure is safe anymore) and it seems I can only clean my harddrives and not the ssd that windows is installed on.

TLDR - I want to wipe PC but traditional windows methods don't work, looking for alternative

I have two SSD's (one with windows installed on it) and two 2TB hard drives

Any help would be really appreciated :D

Solution

Without some sort of media to load Windows on the system, you can't install Windows if the factory reset does not work.

However if the factory reset does not work, that means either the drive is bad, or you removed/broke the factory reset option at some point, in the first case, having Windows media won't do you much good.

When you do the Windows setup, unhook the other drives.

SaltedWizardCoffee

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Sorry, forgot to mention. I have two USB drives. One is under 8GB (the needed amount of storage) and the other is corrupt. I also have a physical windows disk, but I don't have a disk drive in my PC. Right now it seems like my only option is to buy a new USB drive and do a clean install. I'm just looking for an alternate in case there is one :D

Without some sort of media to load Windows on the system, you can't install Windows if the factory reset does not work.

However if the factory reset does not work, that means either the drive is bad, or you removed/broke the factory reset option at some point, in the first case, having Windows media won't do you much good.

When you do the Windows setup, unhook the other drives.

Solution