Unactivated Windows 7 is asking me to upgrade to a FULL version of Windows 10

Solution

Get your Win 7 activated before you Upgrade.
You don't get this for free.
I like how theres no option to decline your trapped

even though you did not activate it did you install any updates ?? may want to reinstall and uncheck updating or never let it on any internet until you get in to windows update and change the settings to '' check for updates but let me decide weather to down load or install them so you could screen out the ''bad'' or unwanted ones first [decline and hide]

hate to think new copies of 7 now have this on the retail disk out of the box . heck you may of as well just got a copy of 10 if you cant decline any part of it and its now forced on you like that

may look at sites that cover things like that ??

[example]
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-remove-get-windows-10-app-pc

JWoody

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
May aswell just go for it, even the illegal version get the Legal windows 10 upgrade, several articles about it, check around, whats better than a free legal OS? besides im hoping pepole will actually do it and actually end up getting so fed up with MS that they will make linux "fully gameable" in the end it will result in something good, even if its currently bad (thats all opinion and preferance, personnaly i like windows 10 but im hoping the aformentioned result will happen, cuz linux is even better, in fact i dont even use windows on the things i dont do any real "gaming" on, like my laptop)

I would not go to 10 for any reason and Microsoft and free is your first warning -- its so bad a OS they got to force / trick / strong arm folks on to it ?? that's how good it is , right ?? nobody in there right mind wants it

best thing to do is get in to windows update and remove all the windows 10 KB's and decline and hide any they send back to replace them

Myronaz

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
Well.
If i get an actual free Windows licence i will upgrade since i don't have a license for this Computer yet
the Upgrade does not force me to Upgrade to Windows 10, i can actually decline
I just asked here because installing a TRIAL of Windows 7 and then Microsoft offers you a free licensed version of Windows 10, in my opinion this is really odd
In fact, Why would you buy Windows 10 when you can install a Windows 7 trial and get a free Windows 10 license?

I guess your down to what ever you feel is best ? where do you get a trial copy of windows at anyway ?? to me if I bought 7 I expect to use 7 if I wanted 10 I would of bought a clean copy of 10 - look over all the upgraded to 10 threads and see the regrets and then you may find you could be out 2 OS's and looking to rebuy a 3ed to get things back going as well

lots find that upgrade was a mistake and wished they never did it

your call

USAFRet

Titan

No, you do NOT get a free Win 10 license.
While it may prompt you to Upgrade, it will still be not activated. The Win 10 will be just as unactivated as your current OS is.

USAFRet

Titan

And lots of people have zero problems with it.

USAFRet

Titan

Get your Win 7 activated before you Upgrade.
You don't get this for free.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Confirmation bias.
People that have no issues generally don't come here and bitch about it.

Just like reviews on Amazon.
10,000 items sold, 100 people have issues, 45 of them write a poor review. Looks really bad.
The other 9,900 people had no problem, and went on with their life.

Myronaz

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
Calm down people, Windows 10 has its good things and its bad things, just like everyother OS
i have Windows 10 on my second Computer and they're amazing
Plus gamers will be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 because future games will probably require DirectX12
So that's a good reason to Upgrade to WIndows 10