Unbearable stuttering in some games

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello,
As the title says, I am experiencing some unbearable stuttering in specific games, while other games run buttery-smooth. Like, I can force my GPU to run at 80°C while overclocked and experience no stutter at all, but when I start a simple game like csgo my PC is like "ohhh fu**". I have no idea why. Same happens in Resident Evil 2: Remake. I get stuttering in specific areas in the game. Like the main hall of the museum and other open-like areas, but no stuttering at all when I am underground in the tunnel.

*EDIT* I think it might be some kind of CPU issue, because csgo and re2r are both CPU intensive games, while games like dead space 3 running at 4k is very GPU intensive and I have no problems there(even thou gpu is at 80°C).

My PC specs:
i5 7600
rx 480
gigabyte b250-hd3p
12gb of ram

I am open to all kinds of suggestions. All help is very appreciated. Thnx in advance.

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

csgo is very ... fps unstable?? .. what I'm trying to say is, sometimes the fps drops to as low as 130 fps. If I have to cap the fps to a number below that ... it kinda destroys the purpose of the 144hz monitor. But that ain't a bad idea. I'll try enabling vsync in resident evil to see if the stutter goes away.
*UPDATE* Stutter's still there, but it might be some kind of CPU issue? Maybe too much CPU usage causes this? I am no expert so I don't know. CPU temps are 55°C at max and 50°C average. Using the hyper 212 evo with thermal grizzly kryonaut. A big overkill for a locked CPU.

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

I have 2x4gb dual-channel Adata ram sticks and 1x4gb crucial ram stick. All of them are ddr4-2400mhz CL 17 1.2 V. I will be getting a second crucial ram stick soon.

TRENDING THREADS