Question Unbrick an AMD XFX RX 460 ?

Apr 7, 2021
Hello World !
I have a big problem with my little old XFX RX 460 2GB Single Fan graphics card.

First of all I want to apologize because it will be a little long with what I have already done😕

GUP-Z shows: BIOS Version unknown
And some boxes also display "unknown"
Windows recognizes it well, when I restore windows to the original state to remove the drivers, and I reinstalled the drivers, the Windows Device Manager shows
"This device is working properly" (it is only after each system restart that the yellow panel appears with code 43, but if I updated the driver, it displays again "This device is working proprely ").

I read a lot of Threads on GOOGLE in different forums, there are some people who have bricked their GPUs and have the same problem as me, with the available methods they have all solved their problems.

What I tried:

Flash with ATIFLASH-AMDFLASH of all versions (old and recent) and I have the original ROM of the GPU
  • In DOS mode with a Bootable USB: ADAPTER NOT FOUND
  • On windows with CMD (Admin): FAILED TO READ ROM
  • I even tried the 1 + 8 pin method. It didn't work (On the GPU it has two similar chips but I interconnected the pin of the one that has a U10 name (thinking it's the BIOS), the other doesn't have a clear name.

Other: in a forum I saw a guy who said that there is not yet a pure DOS version of AtiFlash for Polaris GPUs. And my RX460 is from the Polaris11 family, but the post dates from 2016.I don't know if the version of ATIFLASH for Polaris GPUs exists at the present time. have already tried almost all available versions of AtiFlash)

So please if anyone could guide me to bring my GPU back to life, I would be very grateful!

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
What did you do which led to the issue you currently have with the GPU? Did you try to flash a custom BIOS or something like that?

sounds like a driver issue to me.

Have you tried the GPU on another computer / windows?

Reactions: Ama2eus
I have flashed polaris GPUs from freedos before, newer versions of the dos based atiflash do support it.

If it does not pick up the GPU, your only choice to reflash is via a vbios chip programmer like this:
CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-Module-SOIC8-SOP8-Test-Clip-For-EEPROM.jpg

Reactions: Ama2eus and Herr B
Apr 7, 2021
What did you do which led to the issue you currently have with the GPU? Did you try to flash a custom BIOS or something like that?

Yes I flash a VBIOS that because the GPU was unstable, the noob I was I would always redo with the windows event log, DCOM crash connect with the GPU all the time, and the GPU also quits when I play video games at irregular periods. there was no artifact!

Apr 7, 2021

I used the same driver, the one that ran the gpu before.
I try it in 2 anothers PC of my frineds, and one at work !

Apr 7, 2021
I have flashed polaris GPUs from freedos before, newer versions of the dos based atiflash do support it.

If it does not pick up the GPU, your only choice to reflash is via a vbios chip programmer like this:
CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-Module-SOIC8-SOP8-Test-Clip-For-EEPROM.jpg
Wich version of Atiflash did you use exactly ? I wanna try it for the last time.

I do not know yet if I can afford this tool that you offer me, but I will try to find, I will see later
Because to be honest, it's not child's play to import this kind of material from abroad to the third world where I live.

TRENDING THREADS