Some questions about filling your custom loop, I've never played with the parts before in person so I am still operating on paper here
- Does the pump connect to the mobo to get its power?
- Are you supposed to "jump" your PSU somehow so you can turn the pump on and off without turning on the rest of the system?
- Whenever you fill up your reservoir (using a multiport top), are you supposed to close it before turning the pump on? If you leave it open will the liquid come up through the top of the reservoir? In other words what happens if you turn the pump on with an open port at the top of the reservoir?
- When you turn the pump on, are you supposed to then very quickly turn it back off when the reservoir is about a third of the way from the bottom, to give things a few seconds to turn off while ensuring you're not running the pump dry?
- Do you just keep repeating this process until the reservoir no longer drains all the way down?
- How do you ensure you're not introducing any contaminants, minerals, air bubbles into the loop?
- If you do have air bubbles in your system, how can you tell? Is it always obvious / visible? How do you correctly remove the bubbles?