[SOLVED] Unclear whether components will fit together

TooOldForThis

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014
I recently came across this system really cheap and would like to use it as the basis for upgrading my existing setup.

I currently have an RX 580 in my build and want to transfer it across, but I can’t work out whether it will actually fit with the new system. So far as I can see, the only system requirement is a free PCIe x16 slot, which I believe the new build has. However, I may well be misunderstanding something in terms of hardware compatibility. There’s also the question of physical space. I can’t get to see the computer before buying, so I can’t check available space to see if the GPU can go inside the tower.

Does anybody have any insight or advice to offer here? I’d like to add an SSD and upgrade the RAM in the new machine too - whether that impacts the internal space available I don’t know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
I'd suggest leaving the prebuilt as is. The GPU will not fit in the current prebuilt's chassis. If possible, build a system with off the shelf parts instead of shoehorning a GPU into a prebuilt with fingers crossed. Also, for that form factor, the PSU will almost always be 250W at best though it's always below that number, like 180W.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd suggest leaving the prebuilt as is. The GPU will not fit in the current prebuilt's chassis. If possible, build a system with off the shelf parts instead of shoehorning a GPU into a prebuilt with fingers crossed. Also, for that form factor, the PSU will almost always be 250W at best though it's always below that number, like 180W.

Solution

TooOldForThis

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014
Well, that's disappointing to hear, but I suppose it's not hugely surprising. Many thanks for the swift response.

Is there anywhere in the UK that's accepted as a particularly good source for components?