[SOLVED] Uncorrectable sectors can't create an image/clone or manually transport data

Bros1083

Honorable
Aug 22, 2014
I've tried Chkdsk /r and /b and after using EaseUS there are 3 bad sectors and I can access like 99% of the data like pictures and videos fine but if I try to transfer it out using an image or cloning it to another HDD/SSD it keeps crashing and saying the device is disconnecting (it's an internal Seagate barracuda 1TB).
To try and move the data I used Maricum and that failed within a few seconds, I tried to use Winrar to zip up the files within the drive and try to move it out and it won't compress the files before failing as the HDD keeps disconnecting, Windows image backup fails in a few seconds, EaseUS Todo Backup also keeps having sector read errors. I'm fine with leaving those sectors unrecoverable if I can just get everything else out but I don't know what to do at this point.

Solution
It's a non OS drive but there's about 200 gigs of images. Would it be better to go folder by folder or each individual image getting ctrl C + V
At most, folder by folder.
When you encounter a folder that is unresponsive, then go file by file.

Yes, this will be painful. But you've left a dying drive too long.

Also...this is what backups are for. You data should never be held hostage to a single storage device.

Bros1083

Honorable
Aug 22, 2014
Don't image or clone.

Is this the OS drive or a secondary drive?
Just try to copy your files manually. Single file at a time if need be.
Clone or image is trying to read the whole drive.
It's a non OS drive but there's about 200 gigs of images. Would it be better to go folder by folder or each individual image getting ctrl C + V

USAFRet

Titan
At most, folder by folder.
When you encounter a folder that is unresponsive, then go file by file.

Yes, this will be painful. But you've left a dying drive too long.

Also...this is what backups are for. You data should never be held hostage to a single storage device.

Solution