Not open for further replies.

LeoMatrix

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I like. I thought exactly the same looool

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this article basically meant the PC was dying. Cuz I'm about to build one. Lets see a Smartphone play Crysis. It ain't happenin'...yet!

onebrokendownhorse

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Holy of horrors, it will port to the PC but, "a controller-only PC version". That sounds like Xbox controls or worse. Hope not I hate games that push that crap on us.

I know i wont buy it before i can try it. Im so fed up with console controler sensitiviy in PC games.... you move 10 cm the mice slow, you bearly move your view; you move 5 cm your mice fast and you just did a 360.
Or those ports that run at 190 FPS easy but at certain points drop to 15 cus its not really optimized.

threehosts

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I know this may not be the right forum but I don't think the PC is going to die any time soon. Sure, maybe there might come one day where the difference in absolute performance of a portable device and a stationary device will not have much impact on an average end-user.

But let's look at Hi-Fi equipment that has evolved for a considerably longer time than PCs and where you in fact can get pretty decent stuff even in smaller form-factors since at least the early '90s. Do we still have separate-stage Hi-Fi gear? Yes. Do we still have standardized rack-mounted equipment aimed at professionals? Yes we do, in fact even at price-points that are affordable to a more humble consumer. In fact there still is to this date Hi-Fi equipment available in all thinkable shapes and sizes for a rather wide consumer population.

The desktop PC is a little different because it is more based on standard specifications such as the PCI-SIG, USB, Ethernet, AT (S-ATA, ATX etc), SCSI, ... standards. That has paved the way for whiteboxing and customization like little kids build and play with LEGO. We still have LEGO, don't we? Anyone who had the joy of playing with LEGO ought to understand the joy with building and customizing a rig for your own needs. The release of the Raspberry Pi and other small form-factors boards suggest that a wider range of consumer needs will be catered for.

So no, I think the PC is going to stay for quite a while.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Yet another game for the pc that is ported (poorly) from the consoles. Ignore this game and go back to metro last light or hell play some solitare... anything to use your mouse and keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.