Question Undecided between serveral monitors and PPI question

Exeonx

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
So like many others I'm upgrading my GPU, I'm leaning towards the 3080 so my current 1080p@144hz display won't cut it.
So I'm looking for a new monitor
Currently I'm looking for a 2K 27" monitor with minimum 144HZ with either a VA or IPS panel, I will be primarily gaming on it.

I'm currently looking at the following monitors:

• Asus TUF series: My worry on this model is that it has v1.2 of display port, I've heard that this doesn't actually work with G-Sync at all and that I would have to use the HDMI port instead
  • Asus ROG Swift PG279Q: I can get this model at about the same price as the other ones here, However this model is older now so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it at this point.
  • LG 27GL850 : This model feels quite solid, though I noticed it has one of the worst contrast ratio's out there which has me worried
  • Samsung Odyssey G7: This one has the obvious advantage of being 240hz, it's also better then my other options for HDR as it's VESA600 instead of 400, but I've heard this one has issues with G-Sync, it's also the most expensive option here.

Any advice would be appreciated, if you have alternatives please let me know as well
I'm also wondering if the PPI at 2K is acceptable for sizes beyond 27" or if the difference gets too noticable for 32" screens

PS. I'm doubtfull that even the 3080 will push 4K above 100FPS in "most" future titles, I don't want to end up playing 4K@60 or 70 FPS in 2 years from now, hence why I'm looking for a 2K display at this time (Benchmarks upon release may change my mind)

Aus-ling

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
I have the pg279q on a strix gtx1070 and am looking towards a 3080 as well.
The sceen is really great, but am only playing league of legends on it atm.
I want to use my lg 4k nano cell tv to watch yt and replays, but idk even if i need to upgrade yet haha. I might play fps games soon. Anyways the screen is awesome! The only thing is hdr, outside of that its holding its own imo.

Aus-ling

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
Thanks. For some reason I cant display your image.
The independent meaning is being able to play league of legends on my pg279q and having the 4k tv displaying info at the same time.