Undentified Network after new ssd

Aug 2, 2018
Hi guys,
So yesterday I bought a new ssd and installed it in my computer and after that I did a clean windows 10 install on the new ssd.
When I started windows my network icon showed a yellow triangle, which means undentified network. I searched for all kind of solutions but nothing seems to work for me.
The moment before I installed the new ssd everything worked perfectly fine.
Please help me!

Solution

When you reply, you can type in the space just after [/quotemsg]

If your motherboard maker (I'm assuming this an integrated network adapter) updates the drivers regularly, then that would be a good place to get them. Otherwise, get them from the company that made the network adapter.

First step ... find the brand/model of your motherboard / network adapter and go from there.
It is unlikely that you broke something while installing the SSD (possible, but I'm sure you unplugged and were careful), so my first guess is you don't have the correct driver installed or the driver did not install correctly. After that, I would take a look at your Ethernet cable (I assume you are on Ethernet). Maybe it got pulled and is not plugged in all the way.

Let us know.

Aug 2, 2018

Aug 2, 2018
Since I have no connection to the internet at all I can't install new drivers (if I have not the right drivers) and I tried to plug in the ethernet cable into my laptop and then everything works fine so it's also not the cable.

Laptops can be very picky about drivers and such, and you usually have to go to the laptop manufacturer's site to get the drivers specific to your model.
So, do I understand that you do have internet connectivity when you use the ethernet cable, and the "unidentified network" is only a issue over wifi? If this is the case, then while connected via ethernet, go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the wifi driver specific to your laptop model.

I'm guessing he has a desktop and a laptop (ok, hoping). Use your laptop to download the correct drivers. Move them to a USB stick and then install them from the USB stick.

Aug 2, 2018

When you reply, you can type in the space just after [/quotemsg]

If your motherboard maker (I'm assuming this an integrated network adapter) updates the drivers regularly, then that would be a good place to get them. Otherwise, get them from the company that made the network adapter.

First step ... find the brand/model of your motherboard / network adapter and go from there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS