under-heating semi freezing, HELP!!!

Nov 10, 2018
computer semi locks up when it drops below 47 degrees Celsius.

OK so, the computer works "fine" as long as the temp is between 58-72 ºC, but if it drops below that 58 degrees it will half lock up. the mouse and keyboard are completely un-responsive. but if im watching say netflix or listening to music it continues with no problem, will even load next song or movie without issue. i have to HARD reboot the computer and if i dont get the temperature back up it will freeze mid boot. i literally have two blankets around the case, i have ZERO case fans, i have 1 CPU fan on top of a heatsinc on the CPU. if i take the blankets off the temp drops so crazy fast it insta crashes the computer. i have NEVER heard of a computer under-heating itself like this and at a loss for words. i have tried to diagnose HDD, RAM, GPU for it all to succeed and go without a hitch. someone please help!!

Nov 10, 2018
core temp. and i know ive talked to 10+ professional ITs some have run their own businesses for over 15 years and they have NO clue... one of them suggested to take off the side panel and put a heater in it, but it just locks up if it over heats as well...

how does one list computer specs? i know there is an easy way to do it, ive just never done it.

Nov 10, 2018

Motherboard:Biostar A780L3G

CPU:AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3.2 Ghz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

RAM:8GB DDR3 PC3 16000 Unbuffered

Graphic: Nvidia GTX 960

Power Supply:Ultra 700W ATX (Limited edition black)

can be a few issues. one it can be the lube in the hard drive is going bad. when the drive is warm the lube is thin and the drive spins. when it cold the lube causes the spindle or platters to stick. (some drives need a slight tap to get unstuck when cold). the other issue is there a bad part or trace on one of your parts. when hot the trace or part is fine. see with hardware info set to logging if the mb vrm when cold are working fine. use a fan/hair dryer set on low. blow cold air on parts see if pc locks up. then unlocks with warm air.

Nov 10, 2018

i have a SSD so, no lube. and ive tried warming it back up to see if it will unlock again multiple times to no avail. stays locked till reboot.