Question Computer is being under utilized

k1nationIG

Great
Apr 9, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
So I recently built a computer and I ran UserBenchmark and yes I know this site isn't the holy grails or THE decider of if my computer is running how it should or shouldn't but it says that my build is under performing

My build is a 3700x on a b450 tomahawk max, 2070 super, and a crucial p1 500gb ssd. All of those besides obviously the mobo are performing way below expecations according to userbench mark. It says that im in 39th percentile when with this beast of a build, I should be a lot higher

maybe my expectations are too high or its inaccurate but im just curious how I can squeeze the most juice out of everything.

I tried to OC my gpu and I think i was successful. I used msi afterburner. I tried to OC my cpu and I was a complete noob and returned everything to defaults... atleast I think i did

k1nationIG

Great
Apr 9, 2020
Hey guys, What should I do and how do I REALLY know if my GPU is being limited by something. It is under performing I feel like. Temps are running fine. I barely get 165 frames consistent on all low settings in fortnite 1440p and on userbenchmark, which i know isnt amazing, it said way below average, what should I do and what is a sure way of testing it?

userbenchmark is garbage.

Monitor CPU and GPU usage % in the game(s) you're having problems. Note which one is ~100% and whether the other is consistently below ~85%.

Monitor CPU and GPU temps. As long as they're not >85C, you shouldn't be experiencing thermal throttling.

Monitor CPU and GPU frequencies. If frequency is bouncing all over the place, or isn't hitting the manufacturer spec, there may be a minor issue to sort out.

What system RAM are you using? How many sticks of what GB, and what MHz? Is the RAM actually running at the intended MHz?

k1nationIG

Great
Apr 9, 2020
userbenchmark is garbage.

Monitor CPU and GPU usage % in the game(s) you're having problems. Note which one is ~100% and whether the other is consistently below ~85%.

Monitor CPU and GPU temps. As long as they're not >85C, you shouldn't be experiencing thermal throttling.

Monitor CPU and GPU frequencies. If frequency is bouncing all over the place, or isn't hitting the manufacturer spec, there may be a minor issue to sort out.

What system RAM are you using? How many sticks of what GB, and what MHz? Is the RAM actually running at the intended MHz?
16gb, 3600 mhz running at 3600 mz, no thermal throttling

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts