Underclocked RAM by default

Somethingformal

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Hi, my i recently made a new build and bought RAM with 1866mhz. I don't know why but some reason since I built it the RAM has always been clocked at 1333mhz, when I have changed the speed manually in the bios and with the gigabyte easytune software it just basically breaks my computer, It refuses to boot properly and then when it does it gets in a boot loop sometimes, the only way to revert the change is with a CMOS reset. Is there anyway to change the speed to 1866 and not have it break everything?

Solution
RAM is sold under false pretenses in the sense that JEDEC profiles are the standard but the number on the package is officially" an overclocked speed.

So yes, one installed, BIOS will default to JEDEC standard profile, you have to enable XMP in BIOS to run at XMP profile to see the 1866
RAM is sold under false pretenses in the sense that JEDEC profiles are the standard but the number on the package is officially" an overclocked speed.

So yes, one installed, BIOS will default to JEDEC standard profile, you have to enable XMP in BIOS to run at XMP profile to see the 1866

Solution

Somethingformal

Reputable
May 7, 2014

Never knew this, thanks dude!

D

Deleted member 217926

Jack is correct but it could also matter what CPU and motherboard you are using. Are you sure 1866 is supported?