[SOLVED] Underperforming HyperX RAM after upgrade?

Solution
You shouldn't be using that site since it's methods are flawed. You might want to first check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop is at the time of writing. If you have BISO versions pending update, gradually work your way to the latest, taking not to install any chipset drivers along the way. After that, make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10(you should ideally be on 21H1). Then tax the system with a stress testing app or a game.

Speaking of rams, can you see what the rams are shown in BIOS and what they show up when in CPU-Z?

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't be using that site since it's methods are flawed. You might want to first check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop is at the time of writing. If you have BISO versions pending update, gradually work your way to the latest, taking not to install any chipset drivers along the way. After that, make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10(you should ideally be on 21H1). Then tax the system with a stress testing app or a game.

Speaking of rams, can you see what the rams are shown in BIOS and what they show up when in CPU-Z?

Solution
Sep 6, 2021
A 3200mhz kit with a CL of TWENTY?
The primary and secondary timings on that kit must be horrid...
This is pretty much the best 16GB kit you can buy for this laptop.
I could have gone for a CL15 kit @ 2666mhz but AMD works best with 3200.
You should have seen the timings with the stock RAM ...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Most AMD laptops, that run 3200 ram, runs JEDEC spec of DDR4 3200 CL22.
And this is supposed to be a 'comes with the territory' thing for laptop memory?

This is pretty much the best 16GB kit you can buy for this laptop.
I could have gone for a CL15 kit @ 2666mhz but AMD works best with 3200.
You should have seen the timings with the stock RAM ...
If all that is the case, userbenchmark isn't helping things because it's comparing your kit with others, whether they're tuned or not.
Is there an option in bios to set the Command Rate for the ram? It might be on 2T or 3T by default.

Sep 6, 2021

I have the latest BIOS version, just upgraded last night and W10 21H1.
You pretty much answered my question with what you said about userbech.
3dmark score is better than it was with the stock RAM, about +1000 points for the CPU.
Thank you for your reply!
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/X5d2Ygu

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/0wv7VOt

Sep 6, 2021
And this is supposed to be a 'comes with the territory' thing for laptop memory?

If all that is the case, userbenchmark isn't helping things because it's comparing your kit with others, whether they're tuned or not.
Is there an option in bios to set the Command Rate for the ram? It might be on 2T or 3T by default.
No, the bios is locked for laptops. Can't even activate XMP, that's why I had to buy some RAMs that run at 3200mhz stock ( JEDEC).