Question Underperforming PC when gaming

Dec 30, 2022
Hi, I have a PC that's been performing below expectations, particularly when gaming, and I don't understand why. I recently ran a benchmark, which I've attached below. I'm not sure if there's potentially an issue with BIOS configuration? I also recently changed the thermal paste and cleaned the case, so temps don't seem to be an issue. I feel like I should be getting much better than 200ish FPS on VALORANT on the lowest settings, but that's what I'm getting right now, which has not always been the case.
I know there's probably more information to provide, I'm just not sure where to start. Please let me know if there's anything else you need to know in order to diagnose and solve the issue.

Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57511050

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Before we even begin to be concerned about 200 FPS on the game...what monitor are you using?

Your results seems to be pretty good, overall. It shows your background use at 10% which might could be reduced according to whether you were streaming at the time, etc.
UBM is a composite of all systems that run the benchmark. It doesn't always reflect fairly on system performance and in particular regarding AMD. You will notice that even within the results, such as on your GPU it tells you in one spot that you are performing "below potential" while at the same time stating that the result is "outstanding" and on the higher side of the bell chart shown. Take it with a grain of salt.

Hi, I have a PC that's been performing below expectations, particularly when gaming, and I don't understand why. I recently ran a benchmark, which I've attached below. I'm not sure if there's potentially an issue with BIOS configuration? I also recently changed the thermal paste and cleaned the case, so temps don't seem to be an issue. I feel like I should be getting much better than 200ish FPS on VALORANT on the lowest settings, but that's what I'm getting right now, which has not always been the case.
I know there's probably more information to provide, I'm just not sure where to start. Please let me know if there's anything else you need to know in order to diagnose and solve the issue.

Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57511050
Run ubm like this.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run ubm with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.