[SOLVED] Underperforming PC

Mar 29, 2019
So the last couple of months i feel like my PC has really been under performing. I am struggling with Battlefield 1 on any kinds of graphics, which i was able to play on ultra with a stable 70 fps. Battlefield V is playable on the lowest setting with a stable fps of 60-90 fps and World of Warcraft is also quite low on fps. Like a year ago i did a clean windows install since i was having this problem and that gave me a massive boost in performance. But now several months have gone by and as show by the low fps in games i really feel like my pc is under performing. I am thinking about doing another clean install of windows, and my pc seems quiet dusty, which i will try to clean out as soon as possible but the tempatures are not above 70 while playing. However, before i go ahead with the clean install i would like to know if there is anything i am doing wrong, or could do to get my pc back to its older performance.

This is a picture of my specs: View: https://imgur.com/a/fiV97JV

Solution
That did not exactly merge threads like I wanted but good enough. Anyways...It directly says on userbenchmark that you have high background cpu usage. You can simply open task manager and see what's causing the cpu usage and close them if you can.

Dave8671

Distinguished
With low performance issues there is a cause of of this slow down. Since you have reinstalled windows 10 and it still occurs. Its software I suspect. What virus protect do you use? Cause some if them can be ram hogs.

Lets start with a video about fixing slow downs, note removing apps will not ffsin much in performance but in disk space.

Video

Mar 29, 2019
With low performance issues there is a cause of of this slow down. Since you have reinstalled windows 10 and it still occurs. Its software I suspect. What virus protect do you use? Cause some if them can be ram hogs.

Lets start with a video about fixing slow downs, note removing apps will not ffsin much in performance but in disk space.

Video
I do not use any antivirus. I just use the windows default

So after trying to find out why my pc suddenly started doing so poorly i went onto userbenchmark.com and apparently my cpu is under performing. Since i do not know how to fix it and i cant seem to find any guide on it i came on here to ask for help :D.

UserBenchmarks: Game 88%, Desk 76%, Work 49%
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 - 70.3%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 97.6%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - 110.1%
HDD: Seagate Desktop SSHD 1TB - 105.8%
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 C10 2x4GB - 50.6%
MBD: MSI B85M-E45 (MS-7817)

What temps is your cpu hitting?
Not over 60

That did not exactly merge threads like I wanted but good enough. Anyways...It directly says on userbenchmark that you have high background cpu usage. You can simply open task manager and see what's causing the cpu usage and close them if you can.

Solution
Mar 29, 2019
Well that fixed the problem on usersbenchmark.com. However, i used to be able to play bf1 with 70+ fps on ultra and now im struggling on low. This was after a clean install though. Is there anything i can do to be able to reach those 70 + fps on ultra?