[SOLVED] Underperforming RAM

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26035610

Hey guys after looking extensively online im still a bit confused on how to fix my situation and thought id just give my own post a try hopefully someone can help. I recently built a PC and after benchmarking a few times noticed that both my GPU and RAM are underperforming in comparison and that my RAM specifically is running at a speed of 2133hz when it could be running much faster. Ive tried to enter the bios and change the profile but i just get posted into safe mode, im by no means a tech guy i just play a lot of video games and its the first PC i built myself and I just want everything to run as it should even though it already runs like a beast I feel like it should be even more powerful with its specs. Benchmark is linked above thanks for any help

Solution
Did you build the computer or have someone else put it together?

Ram should be in the grey slots, 2nd and 4th slot from cpu like picture.

images

Then see video how to enable D.O.C.P in the Ai tweaker if you haven't tried this.

From about 20seconds he shows where D.O.C.P is.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you build the computer or have someone else put it together?

Ram should be in the grey slots, 2nd and 4th slot from cpu like picture.

images

Then see video how to enable D.O.C.P in the Ai tweaker if you haven't tried this.

From about 20seconds he shows where D.O.C.P is.

Solution

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
I believe my RAM may be in the wrong slots then, mine are in the 1st and 3rd slots from the cpu, the black ones. Im gonna assume changing them to the correct slots will fix my issues. I did build it myself however with no help and no prior knowledge

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Yellow light appears on the motherboard next to the ram slots and computer won't start properly quick search says its an issue with the RAM hoping I haven't just broken it

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sweet and well done.

Regarding your other question, the cpu plays a huge role in providing the gpu frames to render so you'd probably find now that the ram is running a lot faster, this should help the cpu perform better and gpu also as a result.

Test a game and see. Userbench is an ok tool to see clock speeds and stuff but not entirely reliable because those percentages are compared with other systems and it's impossible to know whats in those systems.

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Ill give it a try ingame to see how it feels and how much i can push it up. Thanks so much for the help i went pretty overboard with my first ever PC build and just want everything to run as it should and i felt like i was having performance issues on a setup that shouldnt really struggle with anything

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Actually one quick last question whilst i have some of your attention, ive recently been streaming on this new pc and i run two monitor with one being far newer than the other. New monitor has a refresh rate of 165hz and the old is 60hz i can run the stream and my game just fine with no issues however when i leave my stream preview on the old monitor i can feel my game become choppy without the stream preview it runs fine. Is it possible that when the stream preview is on its forcing my new monitor running the game to run at 60hz?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh haha sorry im not too sure about that, haven't used stream preview but just did a search and came across this. Seems it could be a bug. See what you reckon.

fishpain

Reputable
Mar 30, 2020
Mmmmm ill read through it properly appear to just be good old microsoft issue ill probably just end up getting a newer monitor to match. One last thing just in case you happen to know anything on the topic i feel so needy right now. I unfortunately am unable to connect via ethernet cable so i am stuck using wifi and currently use a netgear wifi adapter. I am running into two issues, the first is that when i boot my pc or simply reconnect to my wifi it reconnects a few times before it connects properly which is a minor issue. The other problem is occasional lag issues when i know for a fact my internet speeds are pretty high and i should have no problem and i feel it may be because of my connection to the router is there any way to help with this. My router is on the bottom floor and im upstairs

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Haha it's ok. i'm here to help where i can.

Have you installed lan driver yet for the motherboard? It's possible, motherboard being newer than Windows, there might not be a driver installed yet.

Install Chipset driver as well if haven't.

Regarding Wifi, there could be interference between you and router. Might be able to get around that using wall socket powered Wifi extender and strategically place it somewhere bridging the gap.

73a17034-891f-4dfe-9a83-aad68b27d864.jpg

Network cable if possible is always best.