NoahxX

Commendable
Feb 5, 2020
Hello, so I have an RX Vega 64 Strix that never has gpu usage more than 50-60% and in some games I cant even reach the 60fps, I really dont know what is happening, but I think i'm having a bottleneck, I dont know if its the RAM, the CPU (also my CPU has low usage %, around 40), or my graphics card clock configuration, this is my rig:

MB: Gigabyte AB350M G3
GPU: ASUS Strix RX Vega 64 OC 8GB HBM2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.8GHz (stock cooler with temps around 70-75 and sometimes 80 with 3.8 clock)
RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair LPX 2666Mhz and 1x4 GB Team T-Force 2666Mhz (sometimes my RAM wont get detected and I have to re-order the RAM's on different slots, after that I turn on my pc and it wont boot until it auto-restarts like 3 times instantly I turn it on, I think this could be but I want to know what can do this too)
PSU: Corsair CX750M 80plus
SSD: Kingston 120 SSD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7.2k

So if anyone has idea what is happening right here or wants to me test anything to get an answer, im open to all of that, and I really want to solve this...
Thanks to everyone who helps, I really appreciate it.

-Noah

Solution
Hello, so I have an RX Vega 64 Strix that never has gpu usage more than 50-60% and in some games I cant even reach the 60fps, I really dont know what is happening, but I think i'm having a bottleneck, I dont know if its the RAM, the CPU (also my CPU has low usage %, around 40), or my graphics card clock configuration, this is my rig:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.8GHz (stock cooler with temps around 70-75 and sometimes 80 with 3.8 clock)
RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair LPX 2666Mhz and 1x4 GB Team T-Force 2666Mhz (sometimes my RAM wont get detected and I have to re-order the RAM's on different slots, after that I turn on my pc and it wont boot until it auto-restarts like 3 times instantly...

RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair LPX 2666Mhz and 1x4 GB Team T-Force 2666Mhz (sometimes my RAM wont get detected and I have to re-order the RAM's on different slots, after that I turn on my pc and it wont boot until it auto-restarts like 3 times instantly I turn it on, I think this could be but I want to know what can do this too)
PSU: Corsair CX750M 80plus
SSD: Kingston 120 SSD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7.2k

So if anyone has idea what is happening right here or wants to me test anything to get an answer, im open to all of that, and I really want to solve this...
Thanks to everyone who helps, I really appreciate it.

-Noah
Your RAM setup is messing everything up.

1. You have three sticks of RAM, which means your PC isn't utilizing dual-channel memory, which is hampering performance. For best performance, you want two identical sticks of memory, no more, no less.

2. Even if you removed your third stick of RAM, what you'd have left would still hold you back. Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to RAM speed and run with degraded performance if your RAM is too slow. 3200 MHz RAM is considered ideal for a Ryzen 2000 series CPU.

3. Since you need 2 identical and faster speed sticks of RAM, make sure they are two 8 GB sticks of RAM. Anything less than 16 GB of RAM is considered not ideal for gaming.

So buy two 8 GB sticks of 3200 MHz RAM (as a kit) and see how that improves things for you.

Reactions: kurdtnz and NoahxX
Solution

NoahxX

Commendable
Feb 5, 2020
Your RAM setup is messing everything up.

1. You have three sticks of RAM, which means your PC isn't utilizing dual-channel memory, which is hampering performance. For best performance, you want two identical sticks of memory, no more, no less.

2. Even if you removed your third stick of RAM, what you'd have left would still hold you back. Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to RAM speed and run with degraded performance if your RAM is too slow. 3200 MHz RAM is considered ideal for a Ryzen 2000 series CPU.

3. Since you need 2 identical and faster speed sticks of RAM, make sure they are two 8 GB sticks of RAM. Anything less than 16 GB of RAM is considered not ideal for gaming.

So buy two 8 GB sticks of 3200 MHz RAM (as a kit) and see how that improves things for you.
Thank you, i'm buying ASAP a 16 GB ram 3733 mhz, thanks bro

Reactions: spentshells
With a 2000 series cpu many people hit a maximum RAM speed of 2933 or 3000mhz. You should be buying a matched kit where both sticks come in a single package. Mixing RAM bought separately even if exact same make and model is not guaranteed to work without issue. Often it does work when only mixing 2 sticks but there is a chance of issues. You also want 2 sticks so the RAM can run in dual channel, don’t buy 1 with a plan to upgrade later. It will hurt performance now and may have issues when you try to add another. Finally if you can try to keep to RAM kits that are on the motherboard list of tested kits (QVL).