[SOLVED] Understand how much to sell my PC for

calvinhunt98

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
I have finally hit the crossroad, I thought about keeping my desktop once I bought I new one, but I already have a lot of devices, and would benefit me to let this one go. Though I need a good amount to get the editing machine I want, I have to set this machine for a good price, but I don't want to go to high, or too low, and could use some help.

So here are the specs
CPU: 5820K
RAM: 32GB DDR4 2800Mhz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 Watt (Semi-Modular)
SSD: 250GB 850 EVO, OS
SSD: 500GB 850 EVO, Media
SSD: 250GB 850 EVO, Cache
HDD: 2TB / Use for whatever else
HDD: 3TB / Used for local DB Storage
Case: NZXT H440

I've debated about keeping the GPU, and putting an older GPU I have, I think it's a 750Ti 2GB Windforce edition, and if I wanted to build another PC later on, I could.

Realistically, all of these components are in outstanding condition, I've always taken good care of them, and constantly kept my machine clean, and treated it well. What would be a decent price? I assumed for a Asus Strix 1080 alone, in amazing condition (I even still have the box), around $380/$400.

Solution
Tough sell, I suggest parting it out completely. That would also let you keep the GPU.

CPU, Motherboard, and RAM you could probably sell as a set. Maybe $350 for motherboard and CPU, $200 for the memory. But you would be selling it to someone who needs that much ram. You could also sell it with 16GB and either keep the 16GB for another build or sell it separately.

You could keep the case for a potential new build. They are usually the hardest to sell. Shipping such a large object usually eats all the potential earnings from selling it. If not a local sale it is more economical for someone to order a case.

The drives are another tough sell. Certainly lots of people out there that wouldn't mind a cheap SSD, but I doubt you'll find...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Tough sell, I suggest parting it out completely. That would also let you keep the GPU.

CPU, Motherboard, and RAM you could probably sell as a set. Maybe $350 for motherboard and CPU, $200 for the memory. But you would be selling it to someone who needs that much ram. You could also sell it with 16GB and either keep the 16GB for another build or sell it separately.

You could keep the case for a potential new build. They are usually the hardest to sell. Shipping such a large object usually eats all the potential earnings from selling it. If not a local sale it is more economical for someone to order a case.

The drives are another tough sell. Certainly lots of people out there that wouldn't mind a cheap SSD, but I doubt you'll find someone that wants three. Halve their original price and sell them individually.

Solution