Understanding if ram is corrupted

Mikkky

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hello community! I have CORSAIR VENGEANCE BLACK, 16GB, DDR3, 1600MHZ, CL10, KIT OF 2 installed on my ASrock 990fx extreme3. When i run memtest (on windows) or load memtest86+ from my usb flash i see that it has errors (approx 100 errors). When i changed dual slot for ram and sequence of ram items i got about 8 errors. Sometimes my windows crashes with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. I want to understand can i define this ram as corrupted (im not sure because different ram part installation results as different error amounts in test). My BIOS settings are set to default. Thanks for help!

leo2kp

Distinguished
Test the RAM individually by only having one stick installed at a time, then running MemTest.

When you say "kit of 2", do you mean you have two kits of 8GB running in tandem, or two 16GB kits? Or two sticks of 8GB?

Feldmarschall

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hi,

As soon as you get any errors it means that your RAM is mailfunctioning. You should run memtest for like 10 hours to see real ammount of errors.
If I were you i would first test memory in other PC or use another memory in your PC to rule out DIMM slots.

After that RMA the memory if it's still bad.

Best regards :)

Mikkky

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

Thank you for interest to my problem. I mean two kits of 8GB running together. I will try to run memory tests for every part of ram independently.