[SOLVED] Undervolt EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black

TM1172

Reputable
Nov 19, 2019
I just tried undervolting an EVGA RTX 2080 Super. Prior to undervolt, it was maxing at 1.05V core voltage and approx 1995mHz boost clock. Temps would reach 76-77 during TimeSpy benchmark.
I used Afterburner to bring the voltage down to .9V and set the frequency at 1990mHz. It seems stable at that power, but my temps have only dropped a few degrees and the boost clock maxed at 1965mHz on the TimeSpy Extreme stress test.
Anything less than .9V failed the TimeSpy Extreme stress test.
Are these results typical? Should I see a bigger temp drop with a .105v decrease? Thanks.

Solution
Why are you undervolting anyways? Is it because you want to save on power bills or is it just temperatures that you are worried about? I have some advice, if you dont need max performance you may wish to downclock your gpu to 1900 or 1800mhz, if you want you can overclock the ram on the gpu since the ram wont consume much power and it will give your graphics card a performance boost to make up for a downclocked gpu

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
Why are you undervolting anyways? Is it because you want to save on power bills or is it just temperatures that you are worried about? I have some advice, if you dont need max performance you may wish to downclock your gpu to 1900 or 1800mhz, if you want you can overclock the ram on the gpu since the ram wont consume much power and it will give your graphics card a performance boost to make up for a downclocked gpu

Solution