ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WIFI)
✅RYZEN 9 5900X
✅COOLER MASTER MASTERAIR MA610P RGB
✅2X16 3000 MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO
✅MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB GAMING X
✅SSD KINGSTON UV400/V300/Samsung 860 EVO | WD BLACK 5TB | WD BLUE 1TB
✅AEROCOOL KCAS 700WFULL RANGE
✅CORSAIR GAMER 4000D AIRFLOW BLACK

I did the UV with Rayzen Master because if something goes wrong, the BIOS will restart with default config and boot without problems. Also i only want to activate the UV when playing games.
I got TEMP high as a peaks of 80 - 85 ºC while playing some games.

So i lowered the frequency at 4400Mhz and the Voltage to 1.2 and now i get max temps at 65.

Now my questions are:

1- I should try to low the Voltage more or it's fine for that frequency?

2- Why HWiNFO64 shows the frequencies at 4400 Mhz all the time when it's not the reality, because if i watch in RM i can see the frequency isn't at the max and even some cores sleep.

LgzI2on.jpg

Thx in advance.

PD: I don't use Clock Tuner because it doesn't works and not shows cores speed readings.

EDIT:

The HWiNFO64 doubt have been resolved. (I just need to expand the "Core Effective Clocks" arrow)
I still would like to hear an opinion about the Voltage and Mhz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bassman999
Solution
✅RYZEN 9 5900X

I did the UV with Rayzen Master because if something goes wrong, the BIOS will restart with default config and boot without problems. Also i only want to activate the UV when playing games.

So i lowered the frequency at 4400Mhz and the Voltage to 1.2 and now i get max temps at 65.

Now my questions are:

1- I should try to low the Voltage...
✅RYZEN 9 5900X

Now my questions are:

2- Why HWiNFO64 shows the frequencies at 4400 Mhz all the time when it's not the reality, because if i watch in RM i can see the frequency isn't at the max and even some cores sleep.

LgzI2on.jpg

Thx in advance.

PD: I don't use Clock Tuner because it doesn't works and not shows cores speed readings.

EDIT:

The HWiNFO64 doubt have been resolved. (I just need to expand the "Core Effective Clocks" arrow)
Best way i to use and apply negative Voltage offset in BIOS, typically -0.05 - 0.1v.

✅RYZEN 9 5900X

Now my questions are:

LgzI2on.jpg

Thx in advance.

EDIT:

Start with very slight UV values, and do it in BIOS. Even if you UV too much to start Windows you'll be able to start into BIOS to increase it.

Do not look at core clocks with Ryzen when undervolting because it's so darn dynamic it's almost impossible to get a clear picture of what's happening. You have got to run benchmarks to assess performance to see if it's 'working'. CB23 is good for multi-core; look at both results and CPU temp to see if it's holding down temperatures.

And do not forget to run a single thread test too. It's easy to undervolt enough that it hurts light threaded performance but doesn't all-core performance.

If you really want to use RM just to find out 'how low can it go' before it's unstable OK, but leaving Ryzenmaster running during the benchmark runs will probably skew results as RM can lag performance. That's why use BIOS, especially for 24/7 operation.

And lastly: keep in mind that Ryzenmaster is intended as an overclocking tool for enthusiasts looking for extreme overclocks. So what it's reporting aren't always clear for the casual user making minor adjustments.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS