[SOLVED] Undervolting i7-10750h

Sep 8, 2021
Ok so I have dell g3 laptop with i7-10750h with speed 2.6ghz and 5ghz turbo max. While gaming at 5ghz laptop overheats too much (100 degrees in 15-30mins) so I disabled it because overclock and undervolt is disabled. So I have been using this laptop on 2.6 ghz for past 6 months and today in the power settings I found out that there is an option for processor speed/state.
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings -> "Change advanced power settings" -> Expand "Processor Power Management" and "Maximum processor state"
It's set to 100 default so what if I enable turbo boost and reduce this to smaller number like 70%. It's like undervolting right? Also will this have any bad effects on the processor and is this safe for long term? Never seen anyone do this before

Solution
@kkgamer18 You can unlock CPU voltage control in most Dell laptops.

https://brendangreenley.com/undervo...hermals-battery-life-and-speed/#cpu-undervolt

throttle stop isn't supported
ThrottleStop supports the 10750H and the 11th Gen CPUs too. If voltage control is locked, it is up to you to unlock it.

Setting the Maximum processor state to 99% immediately disables Intel Turbo Boost. This is not a great way to control a CPU. I would set this to 100%. In ThrottleStop, you can lower the Speed Shift Max value in the TPL window to control the maximum CPU speed. This is far better because it allows you to decide how much turbo boost your CPU uses.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to read through this;
and if your processor is supported under ThrottleStop then you can undervolt using that. I personally haven't had good luck with 10th Gen processors on the ;laptop since they didn't like being undervolted.

Sep 8, 2021
Might want to read through this;
and if your processor is supported under ThrottleStop then you can undervolt using that. I personally haven't had good luck with 10th Gen processors on the ;laptop since they didn't like being undervolted.
Nah throttle stop isn't supported.

https://brendangreenley.com/undervo...hermals-battery-life-and-speed/#cpu-undervolt

throttle stop isn't supported
ThrottleStop supports the 10750H and the 11th Gen CPUs too. If voltage control is locked, it is up to you to unlock it.

Setting the Maximum processor state to 99% immediately disables Intel Turbo Boost. This is not a great way to control a CPU. I would set this to 100%. In ThrottleStop, you can lower the Speed Shift Max value in the TPL window to control the maximum CPU speed. This is far better because it allows you to decide how much turbo boost your CPU uses.

Solution
Sep 8, 2021

Oh so as soon as I put it below 99 it will disable turbo boost?