Question Undervolting i7-9750H on ASUS SCAR 3, Is this a good method ?

Nofalpro

Reputable
Dec 2, 2016
Hello,

I've been trying to keep my CPU temps low when gaming for extended periods on my laptop. So the first thing I've done is trying to adjust the offset voltage in FIVR in ThrottleStop.
The moment I changed it to something that actually makes a temp difference the laptop went into BSOD.

So i tried a different approach, I changed the Turbo Ratio limits for Core 1 from 44 to 36 and all the other values for all cores changed to 36, and lowered the voltage offset value to -67.4. Now with the windows balanced mode I get great temps (Compared to before) mostly in 70's.

Most of the tutorials I've seen gave me a BSOD. So I figured to try out somethings on my own, So is this method good ? what should I do to further adjust the temps and not compromise performance that much? Also, My laptop is the ASUS Scar 3, there exists 3 profiles (Windows with the slider, Performance and turbo) which profile should I be on when I would want to undervolt or do adjustments ?

Thanks !

Sep 4, 2020
Hii there..can u jst tell me your bios version right now..i mean i also hv been trying to undervolt my scar 3 through throttlesstop but i think due to the bios update i did it locked any voltage changes that can be made manually..any offset i do does not have any effect on the temp..i mean 0% effect..nor do i have any access to any of the clockspeed changing settings on the cores itself..the buttons are greyed out...my bios version is 309 the new one..
u can check it by typing "System information" in the search..thn see beside "BIOS version/date"
also did u do the new bios update..if yes then do these settings in the throttlestop u made still work in ur laptop..?

Nov 17, 2020
Hii there..can u jst tell me your bios version right now..i mean i also hv been trying to undervolt my scar 3 through throttlesstop but i think due to the bios update i did it locked any voltage changes that can be made manually..any offset i do does not have any effect on the temp..i mean 0% effect..nor do i have any access to any of the clockspeed changing settings on the cores itself..the buttons are greyed out...my bios version is 309 the new one..
u can check it by typing "System information" in the search..thn see beside "BIOS version/date"
also did u do the new bios update..if yes then do these settings in the throttlestop u made still work in ur laptop..?
Back to bios .307..