Undervolting my FX 8320 with ASUS mobo?

xfgenesisjoe

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Hey guys Im looking to undervolt my FX 8320 but I don't really know how to do it in the BIOS of my ASUS M5A97 Evo R2.0, any help would be great thanks.

Solution

if you arent under any overclocking, that means that your cm evo wasent installed properly. make sure is securely fit onto cpu, there is a chance you need to reinstall it and reapply thermal paste!you shouldnt undervolt your cpu! also make sure you get an accurate reading using real temp or core temp or hw monitor

have you been messing with bios lately? if you need to restore settings, just load optimised defaults!else you can try clearing cmos(hardware reset). is there a particular reason you want to undervolt your cpu?you will run into stability issues!

at socks speeds your stock cooler should be able to maintain temps below 55-57c under load which are considered safe for your cpu.else something is wrong.if you arent overclocking you shouldnt have any problem!

xfgenesisjoe

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
I have the Hyper 212 evo and my CPU actually maintains good temps under load, however when playing BF4 my CPU can reach up to 65c after playing for about 20-25 mins, so I want to undervolt my CPU so it isn't using unnecessary voltage and to keep my CPU cooler.

if you arent under any overclocking, that means that your cm evo wasent installed properly. make sure is securely fit onto cpu, there is a chance you need to reinstall it and reapply thermal paste!you shouldnt undervolt your cpu! also make sure you get an accurate reading using real temp or core temp or hw monitor

Solution