Question Undervolting noob. (help with R5 5600)

GekYume

Reputable
May 28, 2019
Hey yall, I saw one tutorial from reddit about undervolting

I went to MSI Bios with the latest update and set PBO to Advanced, disabled PBO limiter then I set the CO to -30

Tried a CinebenchR23 and got 4.35GHz with 1.063V and 72°C

Are these good results? I tried -25, -20, -15 and all of them get less clock speeds with lower temps

Thanks!

Hey there,

Typically the bios is the best option for OC/Undervolting.

However, if you're not experienced then this can lead to problems, as often too many changes are made.

Have you tried CTR 2.1 or Project Hydra? Give them a shot and see what results come. You can then use these as base guidlines for your undervolt.

Rather than drop the voltage to the CPU, use an offset instead. You can also set LLC at the next option up from default. On some mobo's this is setting 1-4, sometimes it's Low, Medium, High etc.

In terms of your results, 4.35ghz would appear pretty okay. With that said, I use 1.25 volts for 4.65ghz on my 5600x. My CPU seems to be a gold sample, so with 1.37 volts I can get my CPU to 4.65ghz all core, and boost on two cores to 4.85ghz.

GekYume

Reputable
May 28, 2019
Hey there,

Typically the bios is the best option for OC/Undervolting.

However, if you're not experienced then this can lead to problems, as often too many changes are made.

Have you tried CTR 2.1 or Project Hydra? Give them a shot and see what results come. You can then use these as base guidlines for your undervolt.

Rather than drop the voltage to the CPU, use an offset instead. You can also set LLC at the next option up from default. On some mobo's this is setting 1-4, sometimes it's Low, Medium, High etc.

In terms of your results, 4.35ghz would appear pretty okay. With that said, I use 1.25 volts for 4.65ghz on my 5600x. My CPU seems to be a gold sample, so with 1.37 volts I can get my CPU to 4.65ghz all core, and boost on two cores to 4.85ghz.
So correct me if am wrong, I set everything to default then do CTR 2.1 as base guidelines.
but how exactly do I use an offset or LLC ?

So correct me if am wrong, I set everything to default then do CTR 2.1 as base guidelines.
but how exactly do I use an offset or LLC ?

SO, if you are gonna use CTR, then do it like this: ClockTuner v2.1 for Ryzen (CTR) Guide - Introduction (guru3d.com) - Follow the instructions closely to get best results. If you use CTR, leave LLC alone.

FOr the vcore offset, there will be an option under the voltage. It might have a '+' or a '-'. Select the minus option.
:ets say your vcore is is set on auto or an exact number, and use the offset to decrease the amount of voltage.

So, if your vcore is set at 1.35, by adding an offset of 0.05v, you will reduce the vcore to 1,3v. Do you see what I mean?