[SOLVED] Undervolting R5 2600

Aug 20, 2019
Does anyone know any good software to undervolt an R5 2600? My case doesn't have the best airflow so I've had to undervolt my GPU and would like to do CPU but cannot do that from the adrenaline software.

Solution
coolermaster masterbox lite 3.1
With a Ryzen 5 2600 and a Hyper 212 Evo in that case, you shouldn't have to worry about heat or airflow assuming you haven't changed the installed fans push/pull direction or left them unplugged. The heat issues you have are because of the stock CPU cooler being insufficient and not your case airflow.

The product web-page for your case states in pictures that the Hyper 212 Evo fits inside. So probably any 158mm tall or shorter tower will fit fine. The H212 Evo is actually listed as 159mm, so even 160mm tall coolers may fit fine. Don't settle on the Hyper 212 Evo if you find a better deal on another tower cooler that is reviewed as good or better than the H212 Evo.
Aug 20, 2019
what are your temps? you only need to do that if your CPU temps are an issue
My CPU is not usually at a high usage, but at 100% it gets to around 89C. And with a game called mount and blade 2 bannerlord releasing in a few days and after doing a battle with 500 guys, my cpu got into the 80 degree range

89c isn't going to immediately damage your CPU, but it is higher than ideal over time. Your case airflow must be rather poor since the 2600 stock cooler should provide a fair bit lower temps, although still nothing amazing.

I would undervolt in your bios. It may be easiest to use a negative voltage offset.

Also, for around $25-35 you could get an upgraded tower cooler that would reduce noise, temps, and maybe even allow for a slight overclock.

Aug 20, 2019
89c isn't going to immediately damage your CPU, but it is higher than ideal over time. Your case airflow must be rather poor since the 2600 stock cooler should provide a fair bit lower temps, although still nothing amazing.

I would undervolt in your bios. It may be easiest to use a negative voltage offset.

Also, for around $25-35 you could get an upgraded tower cooler that would reduce noise, temps, and maybe even allow for a slight overclock.
I would get a better cooler, but the problem is my case has terrible air flow and a massive cooler would block more airflow than my wraith stealth does

Aug 20, 2019
A tower cooler has a fan that would actually draw air from the front of your case toward the rear, so it wouldn't hurt airflow as you imagine. Plus it has a much higher cooling capacity so it would lower CPU temps significantly.
so if i got a good cooler would it be possibvle that i couled even oc my cpu?

coolermaster masterbox lite 3.1
With a Ryzen 5 2600 and a Hyper 212 Evo in that case, you shouldn't have to worry about heat or airflow assuming you haven't changed the installed fans push/pull direction or left them unplugged. The heat issues you have are because of the stock CPU cooler being insufficient and not your case airflow.

The product web-page for your case states in pictures that the Hyper 212 Evo fits inside. So probably any 158mm tall or shorter tower will fit fine. The H212 Evo is actually listed as 159mm, so even 160mm tall coolers may fit fine. Don't settle on the Hyper 212 Evo if you find a better deal on another tower cooler that is reviewed as good or better than the H212 Evo.

Solution