[SOLVED] Undervolting Ryzen 5 2600x

lamorey.joshua

Prominent
Jun 11, 2018
Hi. I need some help. I have read that undervolting the Ryzen 5 2600x is not a bad idea and can increase the performance. I would like to do this in the bios. How do I start? I've searched but can't find a guide. Here are my specs.

It is currently running at 1.3 volts (HWInfo).

Ryzen 5 2600x
Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB
B350 MSI Tomahawk
16 gig 3200hz Vengeance RAM
Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular
Noctua - NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler
75Hz Monitor

Solution
It's not going to increase performance unless it's thermally throttling, and it's not going thermally throttling unless you didn't mount your cooler correctly. You might be able to reduce power a bit, but Ryzen CPUs don't draw a whole lot of power to begin with.

Now undervolting an RX 580, that's something that might actually be useful. Some models of RX 580 will hit their power limit and throttle at stock settings, in which case undervolting can actually improve performance a bit. It will also run cooler/quieter.

winks42

Respectable
There’s no need to undervolt unless your temps are 75c+ in games or load. But to do so you just have to enter cpu settings and set the voltage to manual and set the Vcore and a lower Voltage until it won’t boot into windows or crashes under a sress test

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It's not going to increase performance unless it's thermally throttling, and it's not going thermally throttling unless you didn't mount your cooler correctly. You might be able to reduce power a bit, but Ryzen CPUs don't draw a whole lot of power to begin with.

Now undervolting an RX 580, that's something that might actually be useful. Some models of RX 580 will hit their power limit and throttle at stock settings, in which case undervolting can actually improve performance a bit. It will also run cooler/quieter.

Solution