Undervolting to 1.000V Fixed for 24/7 okay?

Aug 27, 2018
Hey, so my room mates say my PC is too loud, blah blah.
I have an ASrock Z77 Extreme4 and the fan control isn't the best, neither is the offset over / underclocking. I leave my PC on 24/7, it's whisper quiet at idle but can get louder at load.

I cannot use Offset mode below -0.060mv due to the idle voltage being too low so I can only do a fixed voltage.

Anyways, is 1.000V fixed voltage safe for a 24/7 undervolt? I just have this weird feeling about it and want some opinions. Mfw 40-45C is top at 600RPM for the CPU and I get a stable 3.7Ghz. Idle voltage is usually 0.962-0.986V correct?

Rest of the system is fine, I have undervolted GPU etc. but I just have a question about the CPU.

Inb4 "buy new fans", I'm using Noctua fans, just that the fan control on this motherboard is poor.

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this isn't a matter of putting headphones on, it's just in general as our dorm is quite small and it can be heard from all around, especially at night when ambient noise is quiet.

I would love to have it set to 80C, however with my motherboard the maximum temperature before 100% fan speed is 65C so I don't really have a choice. I have a Noctua NHU-14S so some of the best fans, however it's still too loud even with the low noise adapter (~1200RPM).

So keeping a fixed 1.000V was my question for a 24/7 Overclock, that's definitely safe right?

well, its not standard, but I've never heard anything goes wrong with under-volt EXCEPT blue-screen. Run a game or prime95. if it survives ~1h then you're fine.

Aug 27, 2018
Yeah I can understand, it's a pretty crazy situation and it doesn't help the motherboard has limited fan options. I just figured I could get away with 1.000V and if it was perfectly safe etc. I have tested Prime95 and games and no WHEA errors or Blue Screens so it's definitely stable.

TRENDING THREADS