Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
My ryzen 5 3500 is set at 4,1GHz and i would want to set it down to 3,6GHz and i also read that decreasing the voltage makes the cpu run cooler. Is there any specific voltage I should but it on because sometimes the voltage spikes to 1,4 volts while using 4,1 GHz and isnt that a little much and also I dont need 4,1 GHz as the clock speed. Im using AMD ryzen master to do this. I want a voltage that is stable for the system even at gaming and higher loads. And the performance should n't drop a lot or not at all or is there a way to test the best voltage for my cpu at 3,6 GHz. And the main thing why im decreasing the speed and voltage is because my cpu runs at 70 celsius while gaming and 50-60 while idle. My pc is 1 year old and it has a stock cpu cooler. The temperature is still fine and isn't a problem but I still would want to drop it a few celsius. Sorry if my english is bad and if you have any other question please ask me I will try to answer quickly.

Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
Also many people on the internet said that ryzen 5 cpu temperatures under 75 celsius is fine and there nothing to worry about. So if thats correct and 70 celsius wont damage my cpu. I will not touch the voltages or then i will but still if you have an answer to my question please share you opinion. Lower temperatures are better right?

Voltage fluctuates according to clock speed, which varies many times per second per core according to workload...

In short, desiring a stable core voltage is a waste of time.

(If lowering temps by perhaps 5-6C is that important, get a Noctua air cooler that is not too tall for the width of your case.)

My ryzen 5 3500 is set at 4,1GHz and i would want to set it down to 3,6GHz and i also read that decreasing the voltage makes the cpu run cooler. Is there any specific voltage I should but it on because sometimes the voltage spikes to 1,4 volts while using 4,1 GHz and isnt that a little much and also I dont need 4,1 GHz as the clock speed. Im using AMD ryzen master to do this. I want a voltage that is stable for the system even at gaming and higher loads. And the performance should n't drop a lot or not at all or is there a way to test the best voltage for my cpu at 3,6 GHz. And the main thing why im decreasing the speed and voltage is because my cpu runs at 70 celsius while gaming and 50-60 while idle. My pc is 1 year old and it has a stock cpu cooler. The temperature is still fine and isn't a problem but I still would want to drop it a few celsius. Sorry if my english is bad and if you have any other question please ask me I will try to answer quickly.
One easy way to limit CPU to it's nominal frequency. Set your power plan to 99% for Maximum processor state. Even if you leave voltage to auto it will be reduced.

Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
Ok i dropped the clock speed to 3,325 GHz and dropped the voltage to 1,369. I did a stress test and I'm going to do some more too, but the processor ran cooler and didn't have any problems. if you think i should change the voltage please say

Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
I lowered it to 3,25V and im happy with the temperature. Thank you for everyone for sharing your thoughts. And im new so i dont know how to close this conversation so please help me.

Also many people on the internet said that ryzen 5 cpu temperatures under 75 celsius is fine and there nothing to worry about. So if thats correct and 70 celsius wont damage my cpu. I will not touch the voltages or then i will but still if you have an answer to my question please share you opinion. Lower temperatures are better right?
Temps are "OK" all the way to throttling point but only in case of permanent all core OC but over 70c in auto config they loose some of boost with every degree over 70c.
Zen3 on the other hand is less constrained with higher temps.