[SOLVED] Underwhelming Performance With RTX 2070

Sep 12, 2021
At the start of the year I upgraded my RX 580 to an RTX 2070 and I haven't noticed much of an improvement.
My current specs
-Ryzen 5 2600
-2x8gb 2400mhz
-Rtx 2070
-MSI Mortar artic b350m
-550w PSU
I have got a 240hz monitor so I want to get as much fps as possible. I play fps games such a CSGO and I am currently only averaging around 150 fps even though in benchmark videos they get around 350fps.
I've tried so many things to try and fix it but nothings worked so far.
Has anyone got anything that can help, please dont say uninstall and reinstall drivers coz I've done that 400 times.

Solution
At the start of the year I upgraded my RX 580 to an RTX 2070 and I haven't noticed much of an improvement.
My current specs
-Ryzen 5 2600
-2x8gb 2400mhz
-Rtx 2070
-MSI Mortar artic b350m
-550w PSU
I have got a 240hz monitor so I want to get as much fps as possible. I play fps games such a CSGO and I am currently only averaging around 150 fps even though in benchmark videos they get around 350fps.
Has anyone got anything that can help, please dont say uninstall and reinstall drivers coz I've done that 400 times.

Outside of a couple of games, the Ryzen 2600 is generally not good at driving high frame rates: its weak single-core performance, low IPC, and low...

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? 550W is the wattage of the unit. How old is the PSU in your build?

please dont say uninstall and reinstall drivers coz I've done that 400 times.
Mind walking us on how you did that? A lot of people come in and say that but then come to the conclusion that they were doing it wrong, perhaps you're missing a step.

FYI, you have the worst possible rams paired with the best possible platform. You're loosing performance there if you're indeed on DDR4-2400MHz rams.

Reactions: Phaaze88
My current specs
-Ryzen 5 2600
-2x8gb 2400mhz
-Rtx 2070
-MSI Mortar artic b350m
-550w PSU

Outside of a couple of games, the Ryzen 2600 is generally not good at driving high frame rates: its weak single-core performance, low IPC, and low boost clocks limit the maximum frame rate you can get out of it for a specific game.

You can get the most out of a Ryzen 2600 by pairing it with 3000-3200 MHz RAM, but running it with 2400 MHz RAM will reduce your maximum achievable fps even further.

Solution
My current specs
-Ryzen 5 2600
-2x8gb 2400mhz
-Rtx 2070
-MSI Mortar artic b350m
-550w PSU
The two things holding back your fps are your CPU and the ram. What benchmarks are you comparing your system to? All the video benchmarks I see with 250-350 fps are from people running much better CPUs with at least 2x8GB 3200 ram.