Undo BIOS update on ASUS motherboard?

Eversmann06

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I recently got an SSD and installed windows 7 on it. Everything went fine and I started installing drives for my graphics card and such. Mind you that I had this motherboard for the last 2 years with no problems what so ever. So after all the drivers had been installed. I decided to check the Asus site to see if there were any updates for my motherboard. There was an update for the Bios which I downloaded the ROM. I have the M5A99X EVO (not r2.0) so it came with the AI Suite II. Using the AI Suite II, I used its Bios update software. It flashed successfully and I restarted the computer. After the computer restart what normal happens is that it shows the Asus logo 3 times then boots windows. When I restarted it froze at the 2nd Asus screen. I waited for a whole 10 minutes thinking it was updating or something. Then I turned off the and reset the CMOS by removing the battery. After that it worked but whenever a 2nd hard drive is plugged in or my external hard drive is plugged into the USB port. It freezes at the 2nd or 3rd Asus screen. I really regret updating the Bios and was wondering if I could please revert back to my previous Bios version.

Eversmann06

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

So if I were to download the ROM of the previous version I had, I could flash to it? It would be a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

yes, technically a downgrade but if it fixes your problems do it

before you go crazy download the bios renamer and the newest bios file for your mb. run the bios renamer to rename the bios file and then copy it to a usb stick and use the usb flashback port to make sure the bios was flashed right. a lot of times those windows bios flasher brick mb.