[SOLVED] Undo BIOS update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radokai

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Hi all,

So I just updated my BIOS which went fine however, when I logged in to Windows I noticed it had almost reverted back to a later version of my pc ie. Apps, pictures, wallpaper, videos that I had all got rid off and all my programs and data I was using this morning was gone. All my games are back to what they were before and all my HDD and SSD seems to have reverted back to an older version.

So my question before I do something else stupid is can I get it back? I have an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard and I sued the EZFlash2 Utility to update the bios from a USB. I did load optimised defaults when the BIOS had updated so I dont know if that did anything.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Now that sounds like a second drive with Windows installed and booting because the primary drive has failed. Remove ALL but the primary system drive and boot again.

Radokai

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
A lot of people are saying if I was on a temp profile I would be notified in the task bar and also I would have no programs at all. In this case I have not been notified and I have programs from about a year ago, most of which I have deleted?

Radokai

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Now that sounds like a second drive with Windows installed and booting because the primary drive has failed. Remove ALL but the primary system drive and boot again.
Okay Bubblehead, I just fell in love with you slightly, that has worked!

Now how can I plug my HDD back in that has all my games and stuff on without reverting it back again? And is there anyway to remove the old profile altogether to avoid this happening again? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.