Undo GPU Stock Overclock

Sas___

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016
I'm interested in buying this graphics card to replace the old one in my PC however the regular card is out of stock and only the stock overclocked one. Before purchasing I would like to know if it is possible to revert the GPU back to a non-overclocked state or not. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Solution

If the seller sold it as Overclocked then you should keep like it is. Overclocking doesn't mean killing their life. You can install a custom BIOS if you want, but you can void the warranty.

why you would back to non overclocked?

Sas___

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016

I'd prefer a longer shelf life

If the seller sold it as Overclocked then you should keep like it is. Overclocking doesn't mean killing their life. You can install a custom BIOS if you want, but you can void the warranty.

Solution
I suppose you could use an overclocking program to reduce the clocks and not raise them, but I don't see the point. Factory overclocked cards often come with upgraded components and cooling solutions to allow the card to safely run at those speeds. It's part of what you are paying for when you pay the increased costs of that kind of card. It's like buying a sports car and not driving fast because you want the motor to last longer. It was meant to be driven fast.

TRENDING THREADS