Undue Influence phrasing [LSJ]

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

+1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch. Choose a vampire in your
uncontrolled region. [chi] (D) Move 1 blood from a vampire in any
uncontrolled region to the chosen vampire. [pre] (D) Bleed. If the bleed
is successful, put 1 blood counter on the chosen vampire. [qui] Put one
blood counter on the chosen vampire. If the number of counters equals or
exceeds his or her capacity, move that vampire to your ready region.

The "If" part seems to apply only to the Qui version, or doesn't it ?

If it does, you need to add other counters from your pool to influence a
vamp into play ?

Thanks,

Orpheus

Izaak wrote:
> > > If you have a 5 cap with 4 pool on it and succesfuly play a
quietus
> > > undue influence on him, he is moved to your ready region when the
> action
> > > is succesful. If it's what you wanted to know, then fine.
> >
> > Correct.
> > If the qui version is successful then you put a counter on the
target.
> If
> > the target is then full, you move him to the ready region. If he is
> not
> > then full, you do not move him (you cannot add more counters from
your
> > pool or from the blood bank at action resolution). You may add more
> counters
> > during your influence phase, or with Govern the Unaligned, etc. per
> normal
> > (and it would then check for fullness and come out to the ready
region
> > only at the end of your influence phase, as usual).
>
> What exactly is the advantage of having the vampire enter the ready
> region in your minion phase? Or am I assuming a rule that doesn't
exist
> (that it can't act rightaway, like freshly recruited allies and
> progenies).

Some progenies can act right away, and they say so. It is usually a
hunt action.

Allies go to your uncontrolled region and leave it at the end of your
influence phase, therefore unable to act the turn that they come in to
play.

If a vampire enters your ready region before the end of your minion
phase, then it can act (if you wish it to). There is no (dare I say it)
"summoning sickness" therefore allowing stolen vampires to act, and
now, a vampire that becomes controlled from uncontrolled, which I
believe has never been possible before.

So, a big advantage. Of course, you need to be playing some Quietus,
which I personally don't, but will have to think of the possibility.

I just use the Presence version. Bleed at +1 stealth (by default of the
action) and gain either a pool or free transfer. It rocks.

Andy
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge.

Izaak wrote:
> > > If you have a 5 cap with 4 pool on it and succesfuly play a
quietus
> > > undue influence on him, he is moved to your ready region when the
> action
> > > is succesful. If it's what you wanted to know, then fine.
> >
> > Correct.
> > If the qui version is successful then you put a counter on the
target.
> If
> > the target is then full, you move him to the ready region. If he is
> not
> > then full, you do not move him (you cannot add more counters from
your
> > pool or from the blood bank at action resolution). You may add more
> counters
> > during your influence phase, or with Govern the Unaligned, etc. per
> normal
> > (and it would then check for fullness and come out to the ready
region
> > only at the end of your influence phase, as usual).
>
> What exactly is the advantage of having the vampire enter the ready
> region in your minion phase? Or am I assuming a rule that doesn't
exist
> (that it can't act rightaway, like freshly recruited allies and
> progenies).

It can act. There is no summoning sickness.

John

Slytherin wrote:
[snip]

OH MY.....HE SAID IT!!!! HE WROTE THE WORDS THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN
WRITTEN!!!!!

;-)

Andrea

jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:
>> What exactly is the advantage of having the vampire enter the ready
>> region in your minion phase? Or am I assuming a rule that doesn't
> exist
>> (that it can't act rightaway, like freshly recruited allies and
>> progenies).

> It can act. There is no summoning sickness.

Please note that if you play Undue Influence at [qui] on Sonja Blue, and
it causes her to come into your ready region during the minion phase, you
do not gain 4 pool :)

Orpheus a écrit :
> +1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch. Choose a vampire in your
> uncontrolled region. [chi] (D) Move 1 blood from a vampire in any
> uncontrolled region to the chosen vampire. [pre] (D) Bleed. If the bleed
> is successful, put 1 blood counter on the chosen vampire. [qui] Put one
> blood counter on the chosen vampire. If the number of counters equals or
> exceeds his or her capacity, move that vampire to your ready region.
>
> The "If" part seems to apply only to the Qui version, or doesn't it ?

yes :)

> If it does, you need to add other counters from your pool to influence a
> vamp into play ?

well i don't understand your question. :)

"reyda" <true_reyda@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Orpheus a écrit :
> > +1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch. Choose a vampire in your
> > uncontrolled region. [chi] (D) Move 1 blood from a vampire in any
> > uncontrolled region to the chosen vampire. [pre] (D) Bleed. If the bleed
> > is successful, put 1 blood counter on the chosen vampire. [qui] Put one
> > blood counter on the chosen vampire. If the number of counters equals or
> > exceeds his or her capacity, move that vampire to your ready region.
> >
> > The "If" part seems to apply only to the Qui version, or doesn't it ?
>
> yes :)

The "If the bleed is successful" part applies to the pre part (per card text).
The "If the number of counters" part applies to the qui part (per card text).

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

On 5 Apr 2005 07:20:35 -0700, andrea.la.malfa@infinito.it scrawled:

>Slytherin wrote:
>[snip]
>
>OH MY.....HE SAID IT!!!! HE WROTE THE WORDS THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN
>WRITTEN!!!!!
>
>;-)

despite the joke, i am SO with you there. i hate it when people say
'oh, it's like [phrase from magic]'. That's just not the Jyhad way.
we're BETTER than magic players. like pc users are better than mac
users. ;)

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:22:43 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> like pc users are better than mac users. ;)

Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

--
Bye,

Daneel

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:54:35 GMT, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> scrawled:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:22:43 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> like pc users are better than mac users. ;)
>
>Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

no, mac users just THINK they're better than pc users.

pc users are ACTUALLY better people. in all aspects of their life.
even their child-bearing hips are better.

salem wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:54:35 GMT, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> scrawled:
>
> >On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:22:43 +1000, salem
<salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> like pc users are better than mac users. ;)
> >
> >Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?
>
> no, mac users just THINK they're better than pc users.
>
> pc users are ACTUALLY better people. in all aspects of their life.
> even their child-bearing hips are better.
>
> salem
> http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
> (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

i think you are right and the reason is that a mac user will never
never star even to think at the enormous, gigantic (and in searching
another word i came to think at the definition of Univers in the
Hitchhiker guide to the galaxy) amount of work needed to be able to run
-barely- a pc.
Now someone said that genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration..
ERGO PC users are geniuses Q.E.D.

Andrea

Slytherin wrote:

> If a vampire enters your ready region before the end of your minion
> phase, then it can act (if you wish it to). There is no (dare I say
it)
> "summoning sickness" therefore allowing stolen vampires to act, and
> now, a vampire that becomes controlled from uncontrolled, which I
> believe has never been possible before.

Well, Soul Gem of Etrius lets a vampire come into controlled from your
crypt, and Possession/Daemonic Possession let a vampire become
controlled from the ash heap (both of which are "uncontrolled). But
yeah, the first two cards which let a vampire come into play from your
uncontrolled region, outside of the influence phase, are Undue
Influence [qui] and Web of Knives Recruit, IIRC. Go-go speed-breeding
Assamites.

TRENDING THREADS