Question Uneven backlight

Manixo

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking for a 1440p TN panel (prefer 27inch) and came across the Iiyama G-Master GB2760QSU-B1

After reading nothing but good reviews I went ahead and bought the monitor. After connecting the monitor I immediately noticed something strange with the backlight. The brightness varies all over the screen.
It doesn't change if I change my angle towards the screen.

I went ahead and took a picture, and also modified a picture with indications since I know a camera changes it completely.
Normal picture:

Indicated (not super accurate but closest as i could), white lines show brighter spots, black lines darker (duh). 🤡

I'm satisfied with the monitor but that difference in backlight even annoys me when looking at something a little darker (grey for example). The left and right sides being darker is ALWAYS visible under every circumstance.
Is this a possible manufacturing fault or is TN/this monitor known for this? My current TN monitors have 0 backlight issues.
(Monitor will be returned either way, but if it's a manufacturing fault I might re-order it as I like it apart from that).

Any help or info is appreciated

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS