unexpected bios options?help?

Sigma

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
hi,

i just put togethere a athlon-c on a a7m266mobo. I knwe what adjustments i hade to make to the bios at first startup, but there were a few additions to the bios i had not recognized and not in the online manual.

1: under advanced, system performance, option normal or turbo? (i have turbo and it seems to be okay, but i just want to select the option which wil give the best performandce. I haven't benchmarked it yet.)

2: under advanced and under chip configuration which options for agp compensation, bypass or auto?

3: under chip configuration and under i/o recovery time, select medium or 8 blocks, i know one or the other provides better performance but less stability, which one should i choose?

4: should i leave boot device #4 disabled? all my drives are accounted for and seem to be working okay.

any help would be great. and i just want to say that this was the first time i built my own computer and loved every minute of it, everything went off without a hitch. there is definetly something to be said for doing you homework and takng your time. and i couldn't have done this without the help of everbody in these forums who assisted me! I thank all of you and will gladly offer my assistance if at all feasable. and one more thing, your suggestion on getting the fop38 fan was right on! my cpu temp after running all day does not get over 42c and is as low as 32C its awesome, just awesome.

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is good to build your own no.
1. set to turbo
2. set to auto
3. dont know
4. if you dont need it dont enable it
someone catch #3.

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE

G

I think the I/O Recover options are Medium which is 8 BCLKS and Normal which is 13 BCLKS or disable. Wouldnt 8 BCLKS be faster in this case, anyone know? I know jack-foofoo about that specific topic but thats just my edjamaicaited guess.

Good Luck,
_RK_

TRENDING THREADS